Rob’s Recipes for Veganuary
10 Jan 23
We’re sure by now you have heard about ‘Veganuary’ – the concept of switching all food and drink to become completely vegan for a month. We think it’s a great idea, but there are a lot of people out there who believe that becoming vegan limits what food and drink you can enjoy; that’s where our Development Chef, Rob, comes in!
Rob has shared with us one of his favourite vegan-friendly recipes, so that you can try it out for yourself and see that veganism doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your favourite foods!
Vegan Sausage Rolls
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 250g chesnut mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp brown rice miso
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 30g chestnuts (finely chopped)
- 70g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 x 320g sheet ready-rolled pastry
- Dairy free milk (to glaze)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200˚C. Add your mushrooms to a food processor and pulse until they are very finely chopped. Add half of your olive oil to a frying pan, along with the leeks and a pinch of salt – fry for 15 minutes, or until softened and golden. Remove leeks from pan and set to one side.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms on a medium heat for around 10 minutes. Add the garlic, sage, miso and mustard, and fry for a further minute.
- Add your mushroom mixture to a bowl with the cooked leeks, then add the chestnuts and breadcrumbs. Mix together until you have a slightly stiff mixture.
- Roll out your puff-pastry, then mould your mushroom and leek mixture into a sausage shape down the centre of the pastry. Bring the pastry around the filling, and seal along the seam with a fork. Cut small slits along the top of the pastry, then brush with your dairy-free milk, and pop in the oven for around 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy!
If you have any questions about our recipes, or about any of our equipment, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here.