Rob’s Quick and Easy Pecan Pie
22 Nov 22
As it’s Thanksgiving in the USA, we thought we would ask our Development Chef, Rob, to share with us a recipe for a traditional, tasty, Thanksgiving treat – a pecan pie!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 375g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 2 large eggs
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 170g condensed milk
- 75g margarine
- 100g pecan nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C.
- Line a loose-bottomed, fluted flan tin with your ready-rolled shortcrust pastry. Allow the excess pastry to hang over the sides of the tin. Prick the base with a fork, and chill for 10 minutes.
- Place a sheet of baking paper onto the pastry and weigh down with baking beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the beans and paper, and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, take a sharp knife and cut away the excess pastry from the edge.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 170˚C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, dark brown sugar, golden syrup, condensed milk, margarine and vanilla extract. Pour into the pastry case, then sprinkle the pecan nuts over the top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until the filling is just set.
- Leave to cool for about 20 minutes, then enjoy!