Happy Easter from Middleby UK!
14 Apr 22
The team at Middleby UK send best wishes & hope you have an Eggscellent Easter weekend!
Whether you are taking part in an annual Easter egg hunt, enjoying some delicious food, or simply making the most of time spent with friends and family, we hope that it is a joyous time.
Fancy doing some baking over the Easter weekend?
Why not try this delicious Jam Tart recipe from our Development Chef, Rob!
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Pastry Crust:
- 225g all-purpose/plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 100g butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold water
For the Filling:
- Approx. 60g of any fruit jam or lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and grease/butter a 12-hole tart mould, or 12 individual moulds.
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl, then add the butter.
- Use a pastry blender or your hands to quickly rub the butter into the flour, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the cold water to the mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, and use a cold knife to stir and bind the pastry together, until a dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 15-30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll until it is ¼ inch thick.
- Use a cup or a knife to cut circles out of the dough, and gently press the discs into the prepared moulds.
- Place a teaspoon of jam/curd into each pastry-lined mould (be careful not to overfill as this will cause the jam to bubble over whilst cooking).
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
If you overwork your pastry/dough, it is likely that the tarts will shrink whilst cooking – make sure that when you are mixing the dough, you mix it just enough to bring it together, and don’t roll/re-roll the dough too many times.